Lasers in dentistry allow for many dental procedures to be performed with no noise, very little pain and fewer appointments. All lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light. When used for surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a minimally invasive cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with. The procedures performed with dental lasers are preferable to conventional surgery.
Dr. Pechak was the first in Monterey County to be certified for Laser Periodontal Therapy. The no cut, no stitches option to traditional gum surgery, known as L.A.N.A.P. It has immediate results with NO BLADES, cutting or sutures and LITTLE TO NO PAIN OR DOWNTIME. Laser Treatment which is the only protocol approved by the FDA for the treatment of gum disease, as well as being the only board certified Periodontist in the area trained with Dr Chao on the Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™.
Other benefits of laser dentistry over traditional methods can include:
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Faster treatment time
- Increased success and retention rate
- Less post-operative complications
- Faster healing time
Some of the dental treatments lasers are used for include:
- Reshape gum tissue
- Biopsy or remove soft tissue lesions and ulcers
- Eliminate pockets of infected gum tissue
- Correct ankyloglossia (tongue-tied)
- Oral surgery and extractions